GatherPlace support cannot provide technical help for firewalls or security software beyond what is provided below as reference.
If the instructions here do not refer to your firewall brand, consult the user guide that came with the software or contact the manufacturer's technical support for help.
Since manufacturers typically use the same menus/names/methods from version to version, these instructions may still be helpful for troubleshooting Zone Alarm Security firewall even if it does not refer to the same version that you are using. It will help you find where the 'Allow' or 'White List' is for GP4 so that you can stop it from being blocked.
In many cases, the procedure below can be used to trigger the security software to re-recognize GP4 and allow it.
- Remove GP4 by using the Add/Remove control panel on the PC.
- Restart the PC.
- Download the latest version of GP4.
- Open GP4.
- Run the Audio Tuning Wizard (if you use the voice enabled version).
- Select Allow when prompted by the security software at each stage as necessary.
Configuring Zone Alarm Security Suite
- If this is your first time running GP4 with Zone Alarm, check Remember this setting and click Allow.
- Go to Program Control and click the Programs Tab.
- Scroll down until you can see gp4 Application on the Programs list.
- Resize or maximize the window to show more. Click the X mark in the Access column and select Allow from the pop-up menu.
- Do the same for the Server column.
- All of the Access and Server columns for gp4 should now be checked for Allow (green check marks).
- Close the window.
- Open GP4 and run the Audio Tuning Wizard to see if the blocking has stopped.
Please contact ZoneAlarm support for additional help in configuring their software by clicking here